Country of 27 waterfalls
Popular airport & city transfers:
Dominican Republic: Country of Colors and Contrasts
The Dominican Republic is a fascinating country located on the eastern part of the island of Haiti, surrounded by the charming Caribbean Sea to the south and the Atlantic Ocean to the north. It is a place that offers an extraordinary mix of beautiful beaches, diverse nature, rich history and exciting culture. Here’s a closer look at what makes the Dominican Republic so special:
- Dream Beaches: The Dominican coast is a real feast for lovers of the sun and the sea. From the beautiful beaches of Punta Cana, through the wild and secluded areas of Bahía de las Águilas, to the paradise beaches of Saona Island, everyone will find their dream beach here.
- Natural Abundance: The Dominican Republic offers a spectacular natural diversity. From beautiful beaches to lush rainforests to the imposing mountains of the Cordillera Central, every part of the country is different but equally stunning.
- Mysterious Relics of the Taino Indians: The culture of the Taino, the indigenous inhabitants of the Caribbean island before the arrival of Europeans, has left a lot of heritage. You can visit relics of settlements, graves and petroglyphs to learn about this fascinating history.
- Music and Dance: Music is an integral part of Dominican culture. Merengue and bachata, two popular styles of music, accompany every step. Don’t hesitate to try these beats on your local dancefloors!
- History and Architecture: Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic, is one of the oldest European cities in America. The colonial architecture of the Colonial Zone is on the UNESCO list, and the narrow streets are full of monuments.
- Famous Sunsets: Every sunset over the Dominican horizon is a real feast for the eyes. Beaches, mountains or the coast – it’s a sight that is hard to forget.
- Water Sports and Adventures: The Dominican Republic is a paradise for water sports enthusiasts. Diving, snorkeling, kitesurfing or surfing – the choice is huge.
- Cuisine and Flavors: Dominican cuisine is a combination of local ingredients with Spanish, African and indigenous influences. “La Bandera”, a popular dish, is a combination of rice, beans and meat, creating the flag colors of the country.
- Nightlife: From quiet evenings with music on the beach to exciting nightclubs in major cities, nightlife in the Dominican Republic offers many options.
- Cigars: While in this country, be sure to try cigars, which are considered to be some of the best in the world.