Gastronomic Tour of the Palermo Tradition
If you're a foodie, then you know that a great meal is one of the best ways to experience a new culture. And if you're looking for the ultimate food adventure, we've got just the thing for you - our food tour of Palermo!
This culinary journey will take you through the heart of Sicily's capital city, where you'll discover some of the oldest recipes of the Sicilian tradition within the traditional trattorias and the places most loved by locals. From street food to dishes prepared at home following recipes handed down from generation to generation, this tour will be a feast for your senses. But that's not all - you'll also have a local food expert by your side, ready to share with you stories and secrets of his city and culinary tradition. With our gastronomic tour of the Palermo tradition, you'll get insider access to the best food spots in Palermo and experience the flavors that make this city so unique. So what are you waiting for? Book your trip today and get ready for a food adventure like no other!
Many delicious things that you'll find during gastronomic tour:
- Sandwich with panella and crocchè - a cornerstone of palermo street food, consisting of sesame bread stuffed with potato croquettes or fried chickpea omelets. It is an unmissable recipe if you really want to understand and taste the rich and tasty Sicilian culinary tradition.
- Sfincione - is made with a pizza-like pasta covered with fresh tomato sauce, anchovy paste and onion. Sfincione is palermo's version of pizza!
- Arancini - famous all over the world are composed of a ball of rice stuffed with the most varied ingredients (meat, raw ham, spinach, various types of cheese and much more) and subsequently fried as per tradition.
- Pasta alla Norma - As tradition dictates, macaroni seasoned with tomato sauce, fried eggplant, seasoned salted ricotta and basil are usually used. This recipe was born in Catania, but immediately became a symbol of the Sicilian culinary tradition.
- Baked anelletti - it is a small dough, shaped like a ring, topped with meat sauce and peas. You can't leave Palermo without tasting them!
- Traditional vegetarian preparations of your choice including eggplant parmigiana - a famous Sicilian dish consisting of fried eggplant, tomato sauce, parmesan and mozzarella.
- Sicilian cannoli - the waffle, traditionally shaped around a hot metal bar, is filled with a sweet and creamy preparation made with ricotta, candied fruit, crispy pistachios or dark chocolate chips. An explosion of taste and color!
- Sicilian cassata - is a traditional Sicilian cake to be consumed cold. Prepared with fresh ricotta, candied fruit, durum wheat paste and other ingredients according to a centuries-old recipe.
- Sicilian granita - perfect for relaxing and cooling off on warm summer afternoons, the granita is served in a glass and is ideal to end a rich meal in beauty. Fresh fruit, sugar and ice are the necessary ingredients, simple, but incredibly tasty.. imagine it served with coffee, chocolate or fresh fruit!
Looking for a unique and delicious way to experience the flavors of Palermo? Look no further than our ultimate culinary tour of Palermo's cuisine! You'll get to savor the best of Palermo's cuisine as you explore the city's most iconic landmarks and neighborhoods. From the savory street food of the Ballarò market to the rich and hearty dishes of the city's trattorias, we will take you on a culinary journey you'll never forget. With expert guides and insider knowledge, you'll get to taste the most authentic and delicious flavors of Palermo's cuisine, all while discovering the city's unique history and culture
- Walk with gastronomic expert.
- Various typical products in various restaurants and clubs in the center.
- Water, wine, beer and soft drinks.
- Pick Up Service.
Piazzetta delle Dogane, 1, 90133 Palermo PA, Italia - in front of the church of Santa Maria della catena
It is important to let us know about any food restrictions, allergies or intolerances when making a booking. Failure to provide this information at the time of booking may result in us not being held responsible for any issues related to allergies or intolerances.
More details about this tourHere is a break down of all the activities in the tour:
- 11:30 AM
- 6:30 PM
Piazzetta delle Dogane, 1, 90133 Palermo PA, Italia – in front of the church of Santa Maria della catena
More reasons why you should use our services:We have invented this tour on the market and we are the best in it.
Available days: From Tuesday to Sunday
Audio guide in Italian, English, French