South Coast Classic and Glacier Ride Tour
This is the perfect tour for those seeking a bit extra thrill while ticking off some of Iceland’s must sees. The tour offers a fun, scenic and comfortably challenging snowmobiling ride. It is a great way to explore and experiencing the wilderness and get in touch with the glacier.
The tour starts with a drive through the Hellisheiði mountain pass bringing you through moss covered lava fields and past geothermal springs down to farmland along the beautiful southern coastline. The first stop on the way starts with a snowmobile ride to the Mýrdalsjökull glacier, close to the volcano Katla caldera. The scenery there can be quite intense, with Eyjafjallajökull glacier watching over us from the west and the breathtaking view over the South coast of Iceland.
On our way back to Reykjavík, we stop by the the powerful Skógafoss Waterfall where a short walk up a flight of steps will reveal one of Iceland’s most scenic views. We then stop at the 60-metre high Seljalandsfoss Waterfall, famous for the hidden pathway behind and around it.
Join our tour and step aboard one of our new buses, fully equipped with WiFi connected computer tablets for each guest. The tablets provide you with a continuous stream of relevant information along the journey with a GPS synced Audio Guide, available with a choice of 10 languages. Along the tour our local hosts will make your experience comfortable and are happy to answer any questions you might have about our peculiar country. In each seat you will also find a USB outlet to charge any of your devices.
- All special clothing and all the equipment needed for the trip is provided so you can enjoy a safe and comfortable ride. No special skills nor former snowmobile experience is required.
- You need a valid driver's license to drive a snowmobile
- Two riders share each snowmobile and single riders and groups traveling together with odd numbers are required to book a single rider supplement, payable on location.
What is included?
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Professional driver & guide
- Experienced snowmobile guide
- Local knowledge
- Snowmobile equipment and approx 1 hour snowmobile ride
- Visit to all the top sites on the South Coast (Seljalandsfoss, Sólheimajökull & Skógafoss)
- Food & drinks
For the meeting point: You can book a pickup service and be transferred to the meeting point from your hotel. If you want to get to the meeting point on your own, remember to be at Reykjavik Terminal 15 mins before the tour departures.
For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended.
For Snowmobiling: All equipment is provided . It is a good idea to bring some food along the way for when you return from snowmobiling adventure.
More reasons why you should use our services:We have invented this tour on the market and we are the best in it.
Tour operates each Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday at 9:00 (local timezone).
You can book a pickup service and be transferred to the meeting point from your hotel. If you want to get to the meeting point on your own, remember to be at Reykjavik Terminal 15 mins before the tour departures.
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event
We work with the best, knowledgeable local guides.