Golden Circle Classic and Northern Lights Tour
The Golden Circle Tour is in the morning, which allows for a 3 to 6 hour interval before heading off on the Northern Lights tour. That interval is the perfect opportunity to grab dinner or to go on our Cheers to Reykjavík tour in Reykjavík.
The Golden Circle Tour is where we visit the country´s three iconic natural treasures: Þingvellir National Park, where the American and Eurasian plates have been pulling apart; the erupting geyser that sends water and steam spouting skywards; and the spectacular Gullfoss Waterfall where a glacial river thunders 32 meters into a canyon. When night falls we set off hunting for the magical and elusive Northern Lights. Of course it all depends on the weather forecast and visibility conditions as to whether we go, so do keep this in mind. And, don´t forget, the Auroras are only visible during the winter months.
- We are working with Iceland´s most talented Northern lights hunters to find the best places every night.
- It is never guaranteed that we will see northern lights, however, we do our best to maximize our chances by picking the best locations.
- Since it is never guaranteed to see aurora, we will make sure you get the chance to see them. In the event of an unsuccessful hunt, we offer you the chance to re-book as many times as needed until you partake in a successful northern lights hunt. You can continue to do this within a 2 year period of going on the first hunt.
- If the Northern Lights portion of this tour is canceled due to weather and you don't have an opportunity to participate in a subsequent tour, the northern lights portion of the tour will be refunded.
What is included?
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Free Wi-Fi and usb charger in every seat
- Photo memory of you and the northern lights (when aurora can be seen)
- Instructions about how to set up your camera to capture northern lights and the night sky
- Food & drinks
For the meeting point: You can book a pickup service and be transferred to the meeting point from your hotel. If you want to get to the meeting point on your own, remember to be at Reykjavik Terminal 15 mins before the tour departures.
For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended.
More reasons why you should use our services:We have invented this tour on the market and we are the best in it.
Tour operates daily between 24/08 - 25/04 at 8:00, 10:00 and 12:00 (local timezone).
You can book a pickup service and be transferred to the meeting point from your hotel. If you want to get to the meeting point on your own, remember to be at Reykjavik Terminal 15 mins before the tour departures.
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event
We work with the best, knowledgeable local guides.